Africa Rural Connect introduces the Original Runner-up for the Second Chance Ideas Contest
By Africa Rural Connect
Published: February 15, 2013
- Africa Rural Connect introduces the Original Grand Prize Winner for the Second Chance Ideas Contest.
- Africa Rural Connect introduces Alex Kyeyune the Remix Grand Prize Winner for the Second Chance Ideas Contest.
- Grand Prize Winners announced for Africa Rural Connect’s Second Chance Ideas Contest.
- Round Winners announced for Africa Rural Connect’s Second Chance Ideas Contest.
- Cisco Blog: Crowdsourcing Bridges Generation Gap in Rural Africa
- Good ideas get a second chance
- The Edmund Sun Announces: Africa Rural Connect Launches Second Chance Contest
- Africa Rural Connect Launches Second Chance Contest
- Africa Rural Connect Launches Second Chance Contest to Help Give Old Ideas a New Spin
- U.S. Department of State Engages Diaspora Communities at 2012 Global Diaspora Forum
- Press Release: National Peace Corps Association Announces Winners of the Africa Rural Connect 2012 Young Farmers Idea Contest
- Three Big Ideas Win Africa Rural Connect's Young Farmers Idea Contest!
- Department of State's 2012 Global Diaspora Forum Set to be an Exciting Day for U.S. Diaspora Communities
- Israeli Scientist Dr. Daniel Hillel Receives the 2012 World Food Prize
- Mobile Internet Applications in Rural Africa
- Success Stories: Christopher Thompson and Beekeeping Possibilities in Togo
- Success Stories: George Okumu and Charcoal Briquettes, Cooking Stoves, and Carbon Credits from Cell Phones
- Success Stories: Macheru Karuka and Electronic Agriculture in Kenyan Schools
- Success Stories: Katie Difilippo and Water Security in Rural Karagwe, Tanzania
- The New Borlaug Field Award
- Press Release: National Peace Corps Association Launches the Young Farmers Idea Contest
- Africa Rural Connect Winner 2010 Video
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Job Openings: Regional Assistant South Asia
- Essay Contest Runner Ups
- 2010 Food Security Essay Contest Winners!
- Announcement: Winners of Africa Rural Connect Essay Contest!
- National Peace Corps Association Announces Round Two Winners for Africa Rural Connect Competition
- Help Us Decide Which Projects Should Receive Funding: Endorse an Idea!
- Your Community
- Press Release: National Peace Corps Association Announces Africa Rural Connect First Round Winners
- Voice of America - Hausa Division, Interviews ARC
- ARC at Africa Gathering, Washington DC
- ReadWriteWeb.com: Peace Corps Devs Win Web Award for Remix Site
- Press Release: National Peace Corps Association Wins Interactive Media Award™ for Africa Rural Connect Project
- Voice of America, Daybreak Africa: National Peace Corps Association Launches 'Africa Rural Connect' to Help Farmers
- Remix It!
- Press Release: National Peace Corps Association Hosts Worldwide Twitter Discussion for World Water Day
- Africa Rural Connect Competition 2010: Join us to Celebrate!
- Press Release: Africa Rural Connect Kicks Off 2010 Ideas Competition
- Meet Our Moderators
- Africa Rural Connect Video!
- Where Did My Endorsements Go?
- Press Release: National Peace Corps Association Seeks Innovative Ideas for Africa on World Wetlands Day
- The Daily Nation: How Rabbit Keeping Can Change Lives
- ARC at Africa Gathering, Nairobi
- NPCA Visits Africa Rural Connect Winner in Nanyuki, Kenya
- The Daily Nation: ARC Press Conference
- NPCA Press Conference in Nairobi
- Press Release: Winner of Africa Rural Connect Contest to be Awarded $20,000 to Implement Project in Kenya
- Voice of America Interview with Round 4 Winner (Swahili)
- National Geographic Blog: Rabbit-fish farm wins contest of ideas to develop rural Africa
- Press Release: Africa Rural Connect Announces Grand Prize Winner of Ideas Contest to Strengthen Rural Agriculture
- Announcement: Grand Prize $20,000 Winner!
- Ground Breaking Ceremony for E-Agriculture Project!
- Press Release: First European Wins Africa Rural Connect's Fourth Round in Online Ideas Competition
- Round 4 Winners!
- Holiday Giving to all ARC Members!
- New Ways to "Follow" ARC
- Press Release: Kenya Leads Africa Rural Connect in Third Round
- What Winning Round 3 of the Africa Rural Competition Means To Me
- ARC Sparked Interest and Enthusiasm for Our Project
- Round 3 Winners!
- The Seattle Times: Crowdsourcing Philanthropy -- do the masses know best?
- ARC to Participate in Africa Gathering
- Washington Post: Start-Up Aims To Facilitate Loans With a Global Reach
- Voice of America Interview Broadcast in Swahili
- Press Release: Africa Rural Connect Contest Announces Second Round Winners from Ghana, the United States, and Senegal
- Triplepundit.com: Africa Rural Connect – Using Good Ideas to Improve Sub-Saharan Farmers’ Quality of Life
- Round 2 Winners!
- The Daily Nation, Kenya: Cash for Best Business or Farming Idea for Grabs
- ARC Benefits Extend Above and Beyond Contest, by Paul Munroe
- U.S.News & World Report: Former Peace Corps Volunteers Called Back to Service
- Change.org: African Collaboration Goes Global
- Round 1 Winners!
- Press Release: Africa Rural Connect Selects First Round of Winning Ideas for Online Contest to Lessen Rural Poverty
- Christian Science Monitor: Grass-roots Food Initiative in Africa Serves Clinton's Goals
- Media Advisory: ARC Hopeful That Clinton's Visit will Spur More Attention to Africa's Farmers
- ARC featured on Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Website
- BarCamp Diaspora '09 - "Investing Our Talent Where it Counts"
Win a prize for your idea!
Win a prize for your idea!
Collaborate with others to turn your best idea into a practical, creative, sustainable plan with real world impact. Don’t Delay!
Pascal Katana is a multi-lingual Kenyan who works as a student engineer. Recognized as Young Innovator of the Year in Kenya for inventing a fish caller system and a mobile voting program in Kenya, Pascal currently has another innovative idea on Africa Rural Connect called A Bicycle Mobile Phone Charger for a Green Energy and Rural Development in Africa which aims to solve the current energy crisis in most rural parts of Africa as well as encourage environmental conservation. The idea has not only received tons of online feedback through comments and endorsements since its creation, but also sits right now in eighth place on ARC's contest leaderboard.